Monday, November 23, 2009

Update on NARM prep.

Greetings! Thanks for all the encouraging notes regarding my current state of application chaos! Well, just to update you on my progress, yesterday, I spent the day notarizing important required documents, getting copious signatures from preceptors and supervisors, making photo copies of my last 2 years of midwifery training....that's over 550 prenatal exams (I stopped counting when I ran out of sheets), 77 labor assists and 70 deliveries, continuities, and well-woman exams, newborn exams, postpartum visits, the list goes on.

And then this morning, after sending some e-mails out to NARM and the National College of Midwifery, I was bewildered and in a state of panic as I read that the application was due November 1st to the National College and December 1 for the NARM exam! ACK! However, my contact at the National College said she would do her best to help me get all the needed materials to NARM in time despite it being Thanksgiving week! I was sent into a signing, scanning and filling-out-form-frenzy and at 5 pm this evening, both applications for permission to take the NARM exam were sent via FedEx....set to arrive exactly on December 1.

Tonight, I am going to try and pay the NARM exam fee by phone. Then it's just a waiting period to hear if all my papers are accepted and I receive permission to take my certification exam.

I feel as though a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and yet, a new weight has been put on...time to study and time to start praying for a plane ticket for Promise and me. In the meantime, I have shift tomorrow and Friday and life goes on.

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement....please start praying now that I pass the NARM exam....I can use all the prayer I can get!
We will post a proper blog later this week.
Be blessed.

...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bethany, I am praying that your study times will be filled with confidence that the Lord will help you remember all you need to know, not only for the exam, but for future birthings! I will also pray for peace in your home and circumstances, so that you may preserve good blocks of time, large and small, for studying, as needed.
Love always,
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Bethany. Thank you Lord that the application is on route. We pray for angels and favor on every part of this.
Blessings, Mum

Anonymous said...

Bethany,
YAY! I had every confidence in you that you would get all the papers and application together in time. Now take a well deserved deep breath and just a moment to read those numbers again! 550 prenatal exams, 70 deliveries. That's amazing!

I will pray for you as you prepare for the NARM exam and I know that you will finish well!! (I often pray and ask Jesus for the answers during my exams, but Sylvia said that's cheating :)

Sending you lots of love and a great big hug!
love Kate
ps. Maybe God will bump you and Promise up to first class! Here's praying.