Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chaos....

 So life has been busy, difficult, stressful, and overwhelming these days. Zanna's peaceful and joyful personality keeps reminding me to choose to hope....to hope in Christ's redemption, grace, and good purposes.....
 We had the privilege of dedicating Zanna to Jesus at our church a few weeks back. It is such a blessing to be able to be a part of a community that seeks Christ and our best together.

After the dedication, we celebrated Papa Steve's 60th birthday with a grand family party complete with Hawaiian photos.....courtesy of Gramma-Stina.
 There's the kiddie-clan! They sure do look related, eh?
Shortly after the party, while Promise was still attempting to heal from getting her tonsils out, she got a horrible stomach bug that left her throwing up on top of that raw sore throat. Let's just say, we had to get caught up on our prayer life!
 We managed to go out once or twice in the process, though....
 Zanna tried her first mix of berries....it left her looking a little carnivorous....
 Then it was time for a bath....

 We've had beautiful weather leading to long walks in the park.....
 Swims in the kiddie-pool in the backyard.....or rather "sits" in the kiddie-pool. :)
 Lots of mess = more baths.
 Zanna had been in the habit of stealing my cups....she has a bit of a "drinking problem" so we are having to keep her rather accountable. :)
 Promise will be turning 5 in a few weeks, so to celebrate the occasion, we are having a "Tinkerbell" party....this will be the last Birthday Party she will have for a long time, so this one is requiring a lot of planning...and a bit more expense than I am used to....
 So back to Promise and her stomach bug....it landed her in the hospital for an evening as we were quite concerned about dehydration and weight loss....Pedialyte to the rescue....and more prayer.
 Then we began prepping for Toby's special birthday.....#3!
We made a pinata!
 While Zanna played with the chairs at our feet!


 Promise, Toby, Hosanna, and I visited a bakery in Lynden, Wa. for a gluten-free cookie....too bad it wasn't sugar-free! It led to some serious meltdowns!
 Then Thursday, July 11th, we celebrated my favorite boy's birthday.....
 We had our closest friends come over to bash an impenetrable homemade pinata....

 It took Mommy ripping it apart to get the candy out....

 But at least we had a couple rounds of bashing!
 And then cake....it wasn't gluten or dairy-free which led to awful bellyaches and tantrums. I won't be making that mistake again.
 But it DID have trains on it!
 Then Daddy volunteered in Toby's Sunday school class which thrilled Toby to the core!
 More pool time in the backyard....Toby's favorite thing to do!
 And a visit to the local farm....
 More pool....
 And wrestling....

Speaking of wrestling....I am in that place these days. Between Promise's sicknesses, behaviors, tantrums, anxieties, sensory issues, all the classes and therapies we are trying these days, I am weary, worn, discouraged, and T.I.R.E.D. If Promise were an only child, I am sure I would be a better mother....and it would still be a TON of work. I dread waking in the morning....wondering what kind of mood Promise will be in and what demands will be made of me above and beyond loving and caring for the other two kids given to me.....Promise is a full-time job. Zanna and Toby have been so gracious despite me often having to drop everything to assist Promise in menial tasks before her anxiety pushes her over her edge. In my praying for her, I have stopped praying that she would enjoy life and see the good in it, but rather, she would see God and His goodness.....my prayer for myself is, "oh God....soften my heart and make this life a labor of love and service to You."




1 comment:

RuthAnn said...

hope this in an encouragement- there is no one in the world who could better parent your child- God placed her in your unique family- and you were designed for this.
I understand not knowing how the morning will go! Once you start getting sleep like normal people- life will be pleasant again!! (Give Zanna another year or so!!...then you are gonna miss this- trust me!)
Love to you all!
and Happy Belated Birthday, Toby!