Thursday, June 6, 2013

A month in pictures....

 My dad reminded me that I do have a blog and that I have not updated it in some time. Sorry...things have been hairy around here. :) Here is the merry month of May in pictures.....
above, Promise went to her "Ready. Set. Learn." day at her future elementary school on May 2. She will start kindergarten this fall so visiting the school and playing in the "get to know you" games was such a blessing. She was told all the things she will come to learn in kindergarten. She was surprised that they knew her name already and had even made her a crown to wear. :)

 Then, bright and early Friday morn, we drove to Oregon to hang with Grandma Con and Papa Jim while Daddy went to Kal Tire training in Vernon, BC for two weeks.  Above is their backyard on our first day there....getting out the post 5-hour drive googlies.
 Then we went to my mom's "Mothers and Others Tea" that she hosted at her church along with Aunt Ruth and cousin Gracie pictured above! It was a great time of tasty treats and fellowship....
 And here is Papa Jim getting to know miss Zanna-goo. She liked Papa.
 And Grandma Con, Zanna and Promise enjoying the patio in the sunny afternoon.
 the boat pool...
 Then we went to the Oregon Zoo with Grandma and cousin Levi.....

 Promise petting the sea lion.
 Levi riding the sea lion!
 In the bird sanctuary....
 Spotting penguins! They were the biggest hit. I have a video of the kids walking and talking just like them!
 And I visited an old friend of mine and her hubby....they gave me a new pacifier for Zanna! :) I laughed so hard. Then my dad took me out for a movie (in a THEATER!!!) while my mom watched the kids! What a treat! It's been at least 5 years since I've seen a movie in a theater and even longer since I've had a date with my dad!
 We even got to visit Blue Lake Park with Uncle Andy, Aunt Ruth, all the cousins and Grandma and Papa! But they didn't allow kids under 5 to swim in the lake for sanitary reasons.....gee, little kids don't go potty in the lake, do they??
 Just before Toby was told to get out of the lake....sigh.
 So he played in the water park instead!
 Zanna just sat around looking cool.
 And then we ate....
 That made Promise happy!
 And Zanna loopy!
 The day was so pleasant that even Promise and Toby were kind enough to hold hands all the way to the car on the way home!
 And then joined with Grandma and Papa!
 On this trip: Zanna learned to sit up
                     Play "Hi-One" with Promise
                     Eat solid foods....
                   Learn to Captain a ship....
                  Read a book.....
                And smile for the camera....gorgeous girl.
 On Mother's Day, Tim sent me flowers from Vernon!
 And a card, too!
 And we got to go to cousin Ben's Birthday party....
 Wrestle on Grandma's bed....
 And go out for Mother's Day lunch!
 She may be fair-haired and blue-eyed, but Promise has learned a few things from me!
 The cousins!
 Back home with Zanna!
 Then Toby burned a hole right through his favorite blanket....it was perfect for impressions of Jabba the Hut, tho.
 The sisters.....
 Waiting for Daddy to return home....
 When Daddy got home, we got the kids bunk beds in hopes that Zanna will sleep in her own room....the bunk bed lasted two weeks and now Promise and Toby are in separate rooms again...sigh....we'll try again next month....
 Zanna's first swing!
 She's miffed cuz mommy stopped pushing her....
 Asking for fries at McDonalds....NO, I don't give them to her!
 She's gorgeous and I love my little 7-month old.




 Had enough of Zanna? Here's beautiful Promise all ready for her Ballet Recital! She did soooo great!

 Zanna waiting with Daddy for Promise's recital to start!
 Promise with her Ballet teacher, Miss Jenn.....dressed as Rainbow Brite! Ha ha ha!
 Summer has begun and we are outside most of the day....I love summer evenings after 7 pm...Daddy is home and playing outside is joyful and silly.
Zanna is learning self care early....

So that's a month in pictures! This week Toby had the flu and passed it to all of us, then it was immunizations with allergic reactions causing hives, then prepping Promise for getting her tonsils out in a week and a bit, Father's Day prep, and chaos. Life feels as though it's speeding by. I can't imagine the women who have two toddlers and an infant and maintain a career! ACK! And yet, the stay-at-home moms I know are either trying to find work, work from home and if they don't, they homeschool! I must really be a lazy, loser mom....I am just trying to keep the peace between the four-year-old and the antagonistic two-year-old while breastfeeding the 7-month-old while cooking dinner while vacuuming while folding laundry......I am tired! Coffee? Yes, please!
I love my kids...thank you, Jesus, for my kids.
Be Blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those memories! You come back now. :)

Mom

Anonymous said...

Amazing. Lovely pictures. The kids are so cute. You have your hands full, but you are an awesome mum. We love you so much. Come and see us soon please.