Thursday, March 29, 2012

Still no pics, sorry.

Greetings! And Happy Spring? I am looking out the window seeing just three daffodils up and it pouring down's cold cold COLD outside, too. Spring, eh? Apparently this spring (and last years') have been the coldest in Abbotsford to date. Brr.

Another afternoon spent inside with two very active toddlers. :)
Life has been busy here at the Stewart house.
Daddy works long hours (usually from 6:30am-7:15 pm) with perhaps a day or two per week getting home by 5:30 or 6 pm if we're lucky.
Meanwhile, our days are filled with visits to the naturopath, the chiropractor, the play therapist or something else that we have to be at....this week, I had my first ultrasound with baby #3. We're 9 weeks today with an expected due date of Halloween. I have to be honest, I was a little disappointed....I was hoping we were closer to the end of the first trimester just so morning sickness would have an end sooner....but I am THRILLED to be having ONE baby that seems in perfect condition. Praise the Lord.

It was a weird experience.....not allowed to have children in the waiting room and no one is allowed to accompany you during the exam! Tim showed up showing his support and they told him just to wait for me. Now this may not seem that odd to you, but to us, it was very awkward! We had our ultrasounds in the Philippines where your WHOLE family could be gathered in the crowded ultrasound exam room and then you were able to ask questions and take a few pics of your baby home for like p100. ($2.50 USD). Not only could no one accompany me and I wasn't allowed to ask any questions, but if I wanted pictures, I had to pay $12 for 4 pics. Good thing my health insurance pays for the ultrasound! I don't want to see THAT bill! What a culture shock.

I tried to chit-chat with the sonographer, and though she was friendly enough, it all felt very cold and not at all exciting....the only "endearing" part of the visit was when she said, "Enjoy your pregnancy" at the end. Well, with bladder full, I came out and found Tim waiting outside a little befuddled. We exchange a few words and a hug and he headed back to work. Weird. Weird.

So glad we're having a healthy little one....nothing visibly wrong......still early, but we are grateful. What a gift.

Promise and Toby have been great fun, though a lot of work these days. So very cute and growing like weeds. Toby refers to anything with wheels as "guts" (trucks) and has found every avenue to bother and terrorize his sister. Promise is beautiful and becoming quite the creative cat....always creating something from nothing and drawing the most lovely pictures as gifts for everyone.

Today we had a chiropractor appointment for my hips (which have been helping) and Toby and Promise eagerly went with me into the examination room to sit and play with toys. Upon exiting, a little boy about Toby's age made a BEELINE up to Toby and gave him a MONSTER HUG! At first it seemed cute....a little tight around the neck, but "ahh, isn't that cute"...then he hugged Toby TIGHTER and Toby was very uncomfortable.....the little boy's mother came over to pry her son off Toby, but the little boy first needed to do something HORRIBLE.....He took a BIG BITE of Toby's cheek and latched on! We had to pry him and his JAWS off Toby! He drew blood and Toby let out a GIANT WAIL! While the mom was VERY apologetic, I was mortified as two sets of teeth marks formed a ring around Toby swelling cheek with little pockets of blood forming....a little antibacterial wash and a sticker later, we darted out of the office. Wow.
That's a first....and hopefully a first for that mother, too! One word...MUZZLE. The child should be wearing a "do not touch" shirt or something....that was just too scary.

So that's been our week in a nutshell.
Be blessed.


Anonymous said...

your experience at the ultrasound is a little strange. My ultrasounds in Vancouver weren't like that. Ken came in the first time and the second time Ken and Joshua came in.


Anonymous said...

Congrats Bethany and Tim on baby number 3 - very exciting! As for the ultrasound tech - this isn't normal. In fact, a few weeks ago, Megan Dave and myself were in anna's ultrasound appointment for 30 minutes and were given a ton of pictures (including some for us Auntie's). I would say go to another ultrasound clinic, you have a choice to go to anyone, ask your friends where they had good care before. I agree, not appropriate to not invite the partner in.
Miss you guys - hope you are well!

Sylvia said...

I've been enjoying your blogs, even without pictures. I feel like I'm listening to you during a visit - very entertaining and personal.
Poor Toby! I hope he's okay now.
Weather here has been strange - last month mid-twenties for a week and now dipping below freezing at night again. The warmth brought on spring too early. We're all hoping the budding trees and early flowers don't get killed off.
Thinking of Jesus' sacrifice for us this week and being filled with gratitude. Will celebrate his grace with family on Sunday. Grace and peace to you all!

RuthAnn said...

yah Bethany- I have to agree with the others... you just got a bad u/s tech or location. Our u/s were done in the ob's office, and Andy and kids were in there with me.
Maybe it's an Abbotsford thing? Excited to see you at the end of the week... hopefully Toby's bite marks are gone?!